Friday, December 20, 2013

Funny Friday Photos and "I'm Reading a Book"

Happy Friday and weekend before Christmas!

Look! 


That's me and James Rollins! Hah! I was only a little ridiculous - I forgot my books after he signed them. He had to remind me to take them with me. We waited to be around the last people in line (because the boys were with us), so I didn't feel too stupid.

The only other potentially ridiculous moment was while I was waiting in line Boy 2 decided to let loose a burp that reverberated in the room (I kid not.) I initially started to say something about it, but realized I was making things worse, since he was about ten feet away from me with my husband, so I shut up and reminded myself that I'll never see any of those people again. It's a good thing most of life is anonymous.

I feel the need to say that Rebecca Cantrell, who coauthors the Sanguine Series with James Rollins, is on my other side, but in one picture my husband took, she does not look good at all. In the other, she looks better, but I look like this:


So, I cropped her out. I would want someone to do so for me, instead of being immortalized on the internet with a crappy photo. I will say, she was very friendly and funny. In fact, both of them were. It was a real pleasure to hear them talk and to meet them. I'm very excited about the Sanguine Series, and will be giving Rebecca Cantrell's mysteries a try next!

Last week's winner for funniest photo is:


And here's this week's photos!

He landed on his beak!


You can almost hear it gasp.

Not really funny, but certainly cute, and I love the tiger's face in the top photo. When it snows and the wind isn't blowing, sometimes I'll lift my face to feel the snowflakes melt on my skin, and I feel like the tiger looks. 


It does!


It's not my caption, but on Cheezeburger it was "Otterbatch."

Okay. Yes. You see Loki down there. The video, I'm Reading a Book, was on Cheezeburger and it really did make me laugh! The overdub is not the best, but it's still funny (especially if you listen closely to the words) and it's about two of my favorite things - Loki and books. So, I included it. You'll just have to think poorly of me, if you're inclined to do so!




And, continuing with the book theme, the pun:




I won't be posting again until next Funny Friday Photos, so I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

My favorite was I'm Reading a Book, but as far as an actual photo, my choice is Otterbatch. What's yours?


16 comments:

  1. Otterbatch gets my vote. But I liked the bird, too.

    That's great that you got to meet one of your author heroes! I laughed when you wrote you'd never see these people again because at first I took it to mean your husband and kids. EVENTUALLY I got it, but given the burp NOBODY would have blamed you.

    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean! It's probably because I used "these people" instead of "those people."

      We, the Schiffbauer's, are definitely not high society people. :P

      Delete
  2. So glad you decided to go meet JR. You totally would've been regretting it if you hadn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I kept telling myself. Plus, after spending an hour listening to them talk, going up to have the books signed was not so intimidating. It was a pretty small crowd (and room) and so I was able to relax and get prepared.

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas! The otter is super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pics that make me smile just by looking at them, and that's one of them. :D

      Delete
  4. The tennis ball that looks like a bird...sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got my appendix removed, lol. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bird on the stairway cracked me up.

    I hope you could get a sense of what a truly nice person James Rollins is. He keynoted at DFW Conference year before last, and he ate several meals with my group. I got to sit next to or across the table from him several times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the bird! Kids do crazy things to embarrass us, don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure which is funnier, the book comic at the end, or knowing complete strangers may be talking about that-boy-with-the-earth-shattering-burp for the foreseeable future! You'll have to find a new bookstore to frequent - you can never show your face in that one again. Hahaha! I know it's crazy - but I'm voting for your son's burp. ;)

    (Someone finished your awesome book!! But she's so busy today that she'll have to put up a review tomorrow.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. MMMM, Loki!

    That bird is so cute :) So puffy and rouuunnnd!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since I live alone, I've learned to burp like a boy. It is the best! But I do only let them rip at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I have to go with the parrot on the stairs...so graceful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so cool that you got to meet James Rollins! Funny story too, but that's what makes it so memorable, right?

    I like the book with its appendix out. :) I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Lara!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...