Thursday, June 25, 2015

Funny Friday Photos: Friendly Sharks

Happy Friday!

It finally happened. Only a week late, and we finally closed on our new house. But, as of three o'clock today, it's all over, and time to put stuff away and move on to new experiences.

Yesterday I saw a cardinal in my neighbor's yard, two beautiful royal blue swallows in my back yard, and bunnies on every corner. The fireflies are magical--I've never lived where there are fireflies before. So my concerns about missing my yard don't seem so large now. And, while I haven't actually slept in our new house, I am enjoying staying with my mom and being five to ten minutes away from everything.

I searched the internet over and found these few (but funny!) photos.


The one downside to our new house - we keep finding HUMONGOUS wolf spiders in the basement.

Grinning sharks... What you don't see is that he just ate somebody.




The end result when I try to put on heavy eyeliner.





How were your last couple of weeks?

8 comments:

  1. Moving is so stressful. How cool to have never seen a firefly and then have them in your yard. Enjoy them ...and the bunnies too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joe! It has been a stress-filled time, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, now! I love the fireflies. :)

      Delete
  2. Found two baby bunnies under the deck in my backyard. Itty, bitty, brown babies!! Too cute, but they hopped away before I could run inside and get my camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonight there were three hopping around my yard! However, I worry for them when my dogs finally get moved over there. :(

      Delete
  3. Hope your life settles down soon, Lara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, there you are! How wonderful to check in with you again. :D My goodness, moving is hard work, isn't it? It will be a lovely summer for you discovering all the new to discover round your new hood. Loving the hiding black cat, and, yes, that's exactly what I end up looking like with heavy eyeliner! Except with with wrinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on closing on a house and posting a blog post. I would be on hiatus for like months! Good luck with all the forward progress and new directions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for finally getting there. Now time time settled. I bet you can't wait to unpack all summer. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...