Thursday, March 05, 2015

Funny Friday Photos: Shaking Things Up

We've done it again. Here's another Friday, just for us!

I was dismayed last Friday with the death of Leonard Nimoy. Some of you may remember that Spock was my first love when I was four years old, and he's always been kind of special to me. I was so smitten I even drew pictures of him (I think my mom still has one.) So, the first photo of the day is dedicated to the amazing and talented man who gave Spock his Spockiness and who has moved on to whatever comes next in the journey of life.




Is anyone else ready for the weekend? I believe I am. So...




Last week's winner for funniest photo was:



I've notice that I tend to be a little OCD with the order of the pictures. Maybe you haven't noticed, but it goes "animals, geeky, science, puns." I'm going to try moving the geeky/science into the animals and see if my anal retentiveness can take it. If I upset your balance by switching it up, I'm sorry and take some deep breaths. You'll be fine. And so will I... Right?


One of the most memorable scenes of Westside Story.





The new guy.


Very cute Guardian's of the Galaxy reference.


Did you get in on the whole dress thing? I saw it late, of course. I'm glad I did, though. It's an amazing tool to use with my groups at school when teaching about perspective and respecting other people's ideas and points of view. Because who knows what their reality is! Even first graders get the point with the dress as a prop.


The way I feel when taking pictures. Especially when you stand there, frozen faced, waiting for the flash!



I think someone needs to send something like this to an agent.


I have lost my coffee and found it hours later in the microwave. Several times.
I seriously worry about when I'm 75 or 80 years old.

Puns still have to go last. Different kind of photo, you know.


One-two-three o'clock, four o'clock rock...Gonna rock-around-the clock tonight! 


Crop circle!

That's it for this week! I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend!

My favorite is the "smiling" sea lion. Is it a sea lion? 

Did you like one photo more than others?
Which is your favorite?

4 comments:

  1. Love the would-be snapping cats. I hate that Leonard Nimoy died. He was a role model for so many who felt shunned and isolated. Love these photo Fridays. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does that sea lion thinks he looks like? LOL He's melting! He's pretty funny. I also love the monorail cat in training and that rejection letter rejection is pretty hilarious. Actually, they're all great this week Lara. Thank you so much for the Friday funnies, I'm loving them. Shame about Leonard Nimoy. Still, he seemed to have a lovely and fulfilling life. Seemed to have been loved by many and was in the public eye and acting to the end. I really enjoyed him as Spock. He, to me, is sort of like Poirot. No one else will ever be able to portray Poirot after David Suchet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we'll all be okay if you switch up the order a bit. :)

    Several made me laugh. And the wombat is still funny. :) I like the dog/dress one best. It's not that the picture is that funny, but just knowing the whole dress controversy thing.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...