Friday, June 21, 2013

Funny Friday Photos Celebrates Summer

Happy Friday and Happy Summer Solstice! As it is officially summer, I included the funny hot weather pictures. Just today I was thinking about how June in Wyoming is probably the best month of the spring/summer. It is still cool in the mornings and the temperatures stay below 90 degrees (usually.) When we have an active tornado season, the tornadoes are usually done by now, plus the prairie grass is green and the rolling hills where I live looks like pictures I've seen of the Scottish/Irish landscape.

That all changes in July. We stop getting rain, everything dries up and turns brown. It becomes hotter than heck and the deer flies show up. And then August hits, we're back to school and if we're lucky, we have a short fall before it becomes winter again and the wind starts blowing the hair off your head. Wyoming is a climate of extremes, for sure. However, I am ever so grateful that it never gets hot enough here for a plastic mailbox or a traffic cone to melt.

Last weeks funniest photo was:


And here are the new photos! I hope you enjoy them.


Maybe it's the hoof hanging out, but I feel a little embarrassed looking at the picture.


Who thinks of these things!


I don't think they're going to do a lot of good.


Giraffe photobomb. Ha.


Poor thing melted.


The rest of the caption is: "Get out of my way."


Maybe that's how a Yorkie sees itself in the mirror.

And the pun...

I've been feeling a little of that recently, too.

I forgot to mention! In preparation for a bunch of promotion I've got planned for July (that's actually starting next Friday), I have Finding Meara going on sale for 99 cents. If you know someone who might like a fast-paced contemporary fantasy summertime read, please share the news!

It's hard to choose a favorite, but I'll go with Yorkie on Steroids.

Do you have a favorite picture?
What about a favorite summertime month?




24 comments:

  1. These are great! I think I'll go for the fish. Pretty weird-looking and funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you wonder what he was really doing? I do. Because it's poor little fins don't look comfortable at all!

      Delete
  2. I'm going with the Yorkie, because she looks just like my Biscuit!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm partial to squirrels, so I have to pick that picture! I like August and kids' going back to school. For me, that's like the start of a new year, especially since I work for a school district!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, those of us who work in schools have two New Years. :)

      Delete
  4. Ha! I love the giraffe photo-bombing the empty sky. :)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going with zonked out squirrel. Good ones this week, Lara! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vaughn! He looks like all his bones melted.

      Delete
  6. The squirrel must be in the same place as those fans. Everything is melting. The yorkie is my favorite I think. But the giraffe is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I didn't put the pics of the melted traffic cone and mailbox. All I could think was that I never want to live anywhere that melts plastic.

      Delete
  7. Squirrel, then the fish. Thanks for the grins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your added captions just make all of the photos even funnier. :D The fans (only b/c of your caption) and the squirrel (ditto).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew. I always wonder if my humor is too weird. At least someone gets it! :)

      Delete
  9. I like the horse. Imagine walking up on that sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And then would the horse just lay there, or jump up like it was caught. I guess, since we have the picture, it would just lay there.

      Delete
  10. I like the fish and the yorkie on steroids. :)

    My favorite summer month in Michigan is July. It's warm enough to swim (usually) and absolutely beautiful. My favorite summer month when we were in Mississippi was January...seriously...it was way too hot and humid there most of the year. I looked like I'd already taken a shower when I got done running, even if the sun hadn't come up yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds miserable! I have always lived in the west, where things are dry. Even when it's hot it feels better than if there was actually moisture in the air. Of course, my skin is constantly complaining about the lack of moisture, so I guess there's good and bad in everything!

      Delete
  11. These are wonderful Lara! I love the giraffe and the fish. With the heat over here, I know just how that squirrel feels. The Yorkie is hysterical and I adore puns!!

    I have to go with the fish. Gee, that thing's ugly! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet! I can't imagine living in a desert. And then in the pictures people are always dressed with long sleeves. I'd so boil. Or be desperate for air conditioning.

      Delete
  12. My favorite seems to be irrelephant, so I won't mention it. I did like the squirrel, too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...