Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Positive Quote of the Week - Self-Doubt

"Don't waste life in doubts and fears; spend yourself on the work before you, well assured that the right performance of this hour's duties will be the best preparation for the hours and ages that will follow it."  Ralph Waldo Emerson

Of late, I have been back in the mindset questioning "is my writing good enough to be successful, and therefore make all the effort worthwhile."  I found many wonderful quotes about self-doubt and writing, which I will probably share at a later date, but this particular quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson spoke volumes to me.  Although the language style made me have to think about what I read, when I finally digested the statement, it turned out to be "Stop worrying about your writing, get on with the hard work, knowing that the more you write, the better you will become."  Not much I can argue with there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...