Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Addendum to Aren't We There Yet?

I told you in the post A Celebration of Blogging that I'm a worry-wart.  Here is my worrying in action.  I have to give clarification about the sentence where I said if I don't finish my novel, I'm not a writer.  I don't want anyone to think that I believe you have to write a novel to be a writer.  I don't.  What I meant by that line is that writers finish stories.  It's that simple.  A novel may not be the avenue for everyone to express themselves, and I love writing short-stories.  But I started a novel, and I have embraced Heinlein's rules, and so I have to finish it.  That's all. 

If the barriers to finishing it were real, such as my family had needs of me, or my job suddenly required me to work a zillion hours, then the length of time I have been taking to finish the first draft would be understandable.  However, it has just been good old procrastination that has been stopping me, and so the blog post.  Now, if you haven't read the post yet, get going!

5 comments:

  1. I totally understand. I am like the procrastination queen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I get it now! LOL.

    Title is a great one. :)

    Thanks for stopping by! I try to break down barriers by sharing whether it's experiences or desires. It's all great and it propels us all toward achievement. Positive is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, both of you, for commenting. The feeling of being misunderstood kept nagging at me until I finally gave in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will do!

    I'm a new follower, visiting from http://theworldofmyimagination.blogspot.com/

    Maybe I'll see you on mine too.
    Best,
    E.D.
    www.evadfarkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, Eva! I will certainly come for a visit to your blog! Hope you have a nice blog hop!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...