Friday, November 16, 2012

Funny Friday Photos

Another week has passed, thank goodness.  I really do feel like I'm wishing away my life, one week at a time.  

Now that I'm starting to see the plot of the follow up book to Finding Meara in my head, I'm focusing back on writing again.  Since I don't have enough time during the week to get any real work done, I'm wishing all week for the weekends and the time available to write.

Living in the present moment is important though.  If we are always looking into the next moment, we miss so much.  My goal this week coming up is to try to enjoy every present minute more.

None of us really picked a clear winner of last week's photos, but scary koala is the one mentioned most often, so I'm declaring him the winner.

I hope you enjoy this week's photos!


Save the Turtles!


I don't know how funny the caption is.  I just liked the photo.



The cat's expression mirrors what I was thinking.  Kind of a "Huh?"




Looks more like soul stealing, to me. Reminds me of the Podlings in TheDark Crystal where they get their life-force sucked out of them



Does this walrus remind anyone else of Jamie in The Myth Busters?


Yep, I'd say so.


I hope your Friday is a happy one, and your weekend full of accomplishment and fun!

Did you find a favorite this week?

15 comments:

  1. The walrus.

    Have a great weekend. Hope you get some stuff done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually laughed out loud at those today. That tiger one is pretty good, but so is the walrus -- um, maybe because it's so true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am tempted to vote for the turtle because I love turtle and I don't want him to be soup. However, the last one made me chuckle so that is my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm voting tiger too! Hilarious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going with tiger too...though I must admit, I kind of cheated. I read the other answers and agreed. I give into peer pressure way too easily. ;) I love your advice of enjoying each moment. I'm going to aim for that kind of weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Those are great!
    I'm voting for the tiger. I swear I feel just like that with the snow! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tiger is in the lead! Thanks everyone for visiting and making a vote. I thought the tiger was cute, but then second guessed my opinion. I really liked the turtle, though.

    @L.G. I agree - I empathized with the sentiment in the walrus picture. :)

    @Kimberley - I hope your present moment attempts go well. The weekends are perfect times to get back into the present. There's time to not think about the future.

    @Leigh - I'm not much for snow, either. And I'm less for snow the older I get. I'm turning into such an old lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, I like all these. The tiger and the "free time" are my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just finished re-reading Michener's Alaska, so the walrus particularly appealed to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These were funny! I always like them all. My favorite? Hmmm . . . I don't know! But I gasped at the hand around the cat's head-- does that count? :P Thanks, Lara.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hah hah hah I love the somebody has too much free time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. @karen - The expression on the tiger's face is priceless.

    @David - I loved the walrus, too. There's another walrus pic. that is cute, but this was the better of the two.

    @Denise - I think that counts!

    @Lisa - It was kind of clever, huh?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...