Friday, August 10, 2012

Funny Photo Friday

I hope everyone had a great week!  I found it really hard to get my focus back on writing, mostly because I was exhausted from the fun weekend.  I'm slowly recuperating - a sign of age, I imagine.  Or maybe of how much fun I had?

Camp Nano is turning into "how much can I get done of 50,000 words.  I don't know what I was thinking.  I still have a lot more done already of my first draft then I would have if I hadn't signed up, so I feel a little bit successful.  My competitive nature is pushing me along.  I'll let it...

Kitty news!  We saw the kittens for the first time this week, but they are definitely wild.  We might be able to tame them.  There is a really cute grey one with a white face and paws I'm just dying to get my hands on. 

There is a tie for funniest photo last week between...


and



Now, for this weeks photos!



Have you seen the pictures with Chris Hemsworth?



I thought Predator way before I saw it on the screen. :)



All I can think when I see this is "Tastes like chicken."  Talk about a cliche!



Translation: Anteaters never get sick--what with all the antibodies.
(I thought I'd make it easy on you. I had to work hard to read it.)



The way I think cats and dogs feel after a round of pointer chase.



Now this is planking I'd like to see!

Anyone have big weekend plans?  Mine is to write, and write. :)

My favorite is "Squanking."  Which is your favorite?

22 comments:

  1. Although it's not the funniest, I love the lion one. The hair. The posture. That's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure looked like a super-model, although not as skinny. :)

      Delete
  2. Camp NaNo is a lot of work. Enjoy your writing time this weekend. Remember, it's supposed to be fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun? Writing is supposed to be fun? :) Thanks for the reminder. I hadn't done a Nano before, because I'm such a slow writer. I thought I'd try something new, so if nothing else, I'll know Nano isn't for me! I am having fun, though, I promise!

      Delete
  3. The Predator dog is hysterical! Good luck with Camp NaNo! I'm way too intimidated by it to join! I'm so impressed that you are a part of it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the dog, too. The squirrel's face just got to me, though! You have a great weekend, too!

      Delete
  4. Hah hah hah the dolphin one is the best!!!! No big plans. I'm critiquing for someone and then next week I hope to get back to my WIP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great weekend! Sometimes those "no plans" weekends are the best. I kind of cherish them, any more. :)

      Delete
  5. Love the laughing mittens cat! All the pictures were fun to read, even got the anteater one without first reading the translation. The lion reminded me it is time for another coloring job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are talented! I really like the captioned ones. I'm going to look for non-animals next week.

      Delete
  6. The lion with the beautiful L'O hair! The stand-up cat comedian and the mittens. And the comparison to Predator. You sure found some good ones this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Karen! I'm glad there were several you found funny. I always wonder when I put them up. :)

      Delete
  7. Things I think count in Nano-- blog writing, novel research, query generating, novel drafting/revisions. :P You are doing an awesome job. I'm getting back to work come Monday (but may sneak in a little Sunday as a bonus.)

    Love the funny pics-- just what I needed today. It's so hard to pick a favorite, but I gotta go with Squanking b/c it pushes my buttons for both funny and my love for odd words.

    Here's to a productive upcoming week, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay - we've got another squanking! Yes - productive week is ahead, just around the curve of Sunday and cleaning the house! :)

      Delete
  8. hahaha. Very cute. My fav is definitely "Squanking". :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are rockin' it, Lara! Keep pushing the NaNo--all that matters is that you work every day (at least that's what I tell myself) ;) And thanks for the humor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm definitely giving it my best try! See you during the Blogfest!

      Delete
  10. So happy to provide some humor! I like finding the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings!

    I have signed up for GUTGAA and thought I would start visiting a few blogs early! Nice to meet you and you have a lovely blog!

    Donna L Martin
    www.donnalmartin.com
    www.donasdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to meet you, as well. I'll look forward to seeing you around the GUTGAA!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...